Monday, November 2, 2015

Burgandy

I'm sorry.  I tried to whittle down these pictures of Burgundy and this is the best I could do.  I actually was very picky.  I took many more than I put here.  I tend to get giddy and picture crazy when in beautiful European villages.
This was our hotel in Auxerre and our home base for a few days. 

Auxerre was beautiful and we loved exploring it.

If this isn't straight from a Disney set I don't know what is.




We found this pastry shop while there and returned 3 times (twice in one day).  It was amazing.




The next day we set out to explor 3 towns nearby. Noyers was our first stop.
It is on a list of prettiest villages in France and it is clear to see why.  We pretty much had the place to ourselves too which was great.










Kyle thought this car was pretty cool.
 
 Avallon was next





Vezelay was our last stop of the day before returning to Auxerre for more pastries. 

 This is said to hold the remains of Mary Magdalene.







No comments: