Monday, April 20, 2009

Hawaii





We had a great trip to Kauai. Kyle's parents came to watch the girls and we met my parents and four of my siblings. This is a picture of Kyle on the Zodiac along the Na'pali coast. He looks relaxed but the ride was anything but relaxing as they had to hang on for dear life (pregos weren't allowed to go so I just heard stories).





On their boat trip they were taken into caves along the coast. This is inside one of them. They also got out and hiked to an ancient Hawaiian village and went snorkeling.






We rented Kayaks and went up the Wailua River. Notice how my shirt is dry in this picture. It did not remain that way as a few minutes later, after watching my brother and sister in law get flipped in rapids, Kyle decided that we should try. We actually did worse as after we flipped I was trapped under the Kayak for a few seconds. Funny story now, but scary then.







After we recovered from flipping we relaxed on these rocks and jumped off a rope swing into a pool of water below.






Kyle and me at the Fern Grotto. There are alot of other great pictures but I am having trouble accessing them for some reason. This will have to do for now and then I will post more when I solve the problem.


6 comments:

Rob and Ashley Seymour said...

How awesome. it looks so beautiful. YOu look so cute and your hair looks like it is getting long! So did we miss you all? Did you have alay over in PHX? i am SO SO sad if that is the case. talk to oyu later...

Maja said...

It looked like so much fun. Next time you should go solo on the Kayak, can't trust those husbands! I am like the Gotee Kyle

Maja said...

I meant that I am liking the Gotee.(sp?)

Linda said...

Wow, it looked like you guys had so much fun! I bet it was so nice to be on vaca without kids:)

The Nielsen Family said...

We got a good laugh out of the last picture, Kyle looking all tough guy in his goatee. But really, you guys look great and how AWESOME to be able to get away like that. That sounds heavenly!!

Todd said...

Went there many years ago with a young lady whose father grew up on Kauai. Really liked Waimea Canyon and Barking Sands Beach.